Nursing Education Programs
NOTICE OF CONDITIONAL APPROVAL - The following registered nurse programs/schools have not achieved the required National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) pass rates for two (2) successive years and are on conditional approval:
- Bowie State University
- Washington Adventist University
A Guide to Nursing Education in Maryland lists the approved registered nurse and practical nurse education programs in Maryland.
NCLEX Exam Pass/Fail Rates by Education Program in the State of Maryland
English-speaking school Defined
Approved Nurse Refresher Courses in the State of Maryland
Information on the Nurse Licensure Compact for New Graduates
Out of State Nursing Education Pre Licensure Programs Substantial Equivalency Assessment Tool
Approved Out of State RN/LPN Nursing Education Programs
Non-Approved Out of State Schools
LPN to RN On-Line Programs
The Maryland Board of Nursing has approved the on-line nursing programs below for LPN to RN. This programs listed below are the ONLY programs permitted by the Board. Successful completion of the programs listed below allows the nurse to apply for licensure by examination or endorse into the state.
• Apply for an initial LPN or RN license by Exam (NCLEX)
• Apply for licensure by Endorsement for RNs or LPNs already licensed in another state
Scholarship & Financial Aid listings
• Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on-line - This is the first step to receiving financial aid.
• Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) Financial Aid
◦Nursing Scholarship Opportunities for Maryland Students
• Nursing Scholarship Information on the Internet
The National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. National Library of Medicine, says Healthcare Disparities are differences in availability of facilities and services between racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups.
• Culturally Competent Nursing Care: A Cornerstone of Caring - A Free Online Course The issue of Culturally Competent Nursing Care continues to grow as the patient care population becomes more diverse. The Maryland Board of Nursing recommends that all nurses take advantage of the following course. It will provide updated information on providing culturally competent care in today’s world. Click For Details.
• Practice FAQs
E-Mail The Board With Questions
Questions about RN/LPN schools - email@example.com