CHECKLIST FOR RN & LPN APPLICANTS
- To apply for the NCLEX, please visit: https://license.mdbon.org/nbe.
- Each license type needs an individual background/fingerprint (RN or LPN)
- If you have not received a license number after 10 business days, contact CJIS Central Repository (410) 764-4501 to verify that your results have been sent to the Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON).
- To receive the Authority to Test (ATT) you MUST first register with Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com/nclex) OR call 1-866-496-2539. There is a $200 fee required.
- After you have passed the NCLEX, please allow a minimum of 10 business days for your license number to be posted to the license verification site, Look-Up A License. Paper wallet-size cards with license numbers are no longer distributed.
A social security number is required in order to apply with the Maryland Board of Nursing. Disclaimer: The MBON does not provide information on how to obtain these services.
- Fill out Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) an application before CGFNS (Global International Evaluation Service) is reviewed
- To obtain the MBON international application, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and complete postal mailing address.
- Must complete and pass 1 of 2 English tests: TOEFL iBT or IELTS.
**** Do NOT register with Pearson VUE until told to do so by the MBON.
**** For additional questions, you may contact the Examination Department at email@example.com.