Licensure Process for International Educated Nurses Requesting Licensure in Maryland
CONTACT THE MARYLAND BOARD OF NURSING
CONTENTS OF THE EXAMINATION PACKET
- Maryland Board Application
- Criminal History Record Check
- Declaration of Primary State of Residence
- Credentials Evaluation Service Application (CGFNS)
- Memo Concerning TOEFL iBT or IELTS R
- Form Requirements
- NCLEX Bulletin
PROCESS IN APPLYING
MARYLAND BOARD APPLICATION
- Complete and mail in application and fee
- CREDENTIALS EVALUATION SERVICE APPLICATION
- Complete on-line application and fee to CGFNS
- Complete and mail Request for Academic Records to your school of nursing.
- Complete and mail Request for Validation of Registration to your licensing agency
When the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools receive all three required applications, they will complete the report and mail it to the Maryland Board of Nursing.
ORAL ENGLISH TEST
- Take either the TOEFL iBT or the IELTS.
- Have scores sent to the Maryland Board of Nursing
- A score of 26 is passing on the TOEFL iBT.
The Board accepts the IELTS if administered on October 01, 2005, or later.
A score of 7 on speaking, 6 on all other modules, and 6.5 overall is passing on the IELTS
- After meeting requirements of the Board of Nursing (Maryland application, Criminal History Record Check, Declaration of State Primary Residence Form, TOEFL iBT or IELTS CES report), complete registration with NCLEX.
- After registering with NCLEX you will receive an Authorization To Test letter (ATT)
Please inform Board of Nursing of address changes immediately.
Results will be mailed to you within five days of exam date.