Board Member Vacancy Announcement - Nominations Requested
In accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Health Occupations Article, §8-202(b)(5), the Board is providing notice to the public that all 14 Board member seats are now open for appointment. Please read the following for information regarding appointment criteria and application instructions.
- The Maryland Board of Nursing is announcing vacancies for all of the 14 seats on the Board in accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Health Occupations Article, §8-202(b)(5).
- The requirements for Board members including Board composition; appointments, and Board member qualifications, are set forth in the Annotated Code of Maryland, Health Occupations, § 8-202. Board members; Please read the statute carefully and in full.
- The Board of Nursing meets monthly at its office located at 4140 Patterson Avenue Baltimore, Maryland 21215. Monthly Board meeting schedules and agendas for the Board of Nursing may be found here: Board Meeting Schedule.
- In addition to monthly meetings of the full Board, Board members are also expected to attend and participate in Board committee meetings, which are also scheduled on a monthly basis. The total average time commitment is approximately 16 hours per month.
- Applications should be submitted by the nominees directly to the Governor's Appointment Office (GAO) via https://govappointments.maryland.gov/. Associations should submit recommendations using the "submit a recommendation" tab on GAO's website. GAO has not provided an application deadline.
In accordance with Health Occupations Article § 8-202(b), Annotated Code of Maryland, applicants can meet the statutory requirement in one of two ways:
- The nominating organizations can provide the GAO with nominees OR
- The individuals who applied through the Appointments Office application portal and were not nominated by their professional association may gather 25 signatures and submit their petition to the Board.
- Access the petition form here.