Application Instructions for Initial Certification as a Workers Compensation Case Manager
You need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader installed on your computer to view and print the [PDF] documents on this page. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, download a FREE copy.
- The fee for initial certification in Maryland is $25.00.
- Check or money order made payable to the Maryland Board of Nursing
Criteria for Certification
- Current active licensure to practice as a registered nurse in Maryland.
- Completion of the Board Application for Initial Certification as a WCCM. [PDF]
- Submit the fee of $25.00
- Attach proof of completion of a Board approved course for WCCMs.
NOTE: The requirement for completion of an approved WCCM course may be waived for a registered nurse who is currently practicing as a case manager of the injured worker, prior to the effective date of the regulations (August 2, 1999.) Have your employer complete item three on this application if you are eligible for waiver.
Information Regarding Renewal
Certification as a Workers Compensation Case Manger (WCCM) expires at the same time as the registered nurse license. Applicants applying for renewal of the certificate as a WCCM must:
- Renew the Maryland registered nurse license;
- Complete and submit the WCCM Practice Verification Form.
- Pay the $10.00 certificate renewal fee in addition to the registered nurse license renewal fee; and,
- Have practiced a minimum of 1000 hours in the past year as a RN-WCCM.