Advanced Practice Registered Nursing: Nurse Psychotherapists
You need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader installed on your computer to view and print the [PDF] documents on this page. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, download a FREE copy.
Pursuant to sections 8-302(a) and 8-303 of the Health Occupations Article, Maryland Annotated Code, to qualify for a license in Maryland, an applicant must be fingerprinted for a criminal history records check (CHRC). A CHRC includes both a State and national criminal history records check conducted by the Criminal Justice Information System Central Repository of the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, or “Central Repository". The applicant's fingerprints will be maintained by the Central Repository; and all new and additional criminal information will be reported to the Board.
How To Apply for a Criminal History Records Check
IF YOU ARE WITHIN MARYLAND:
· Complete this form and take it with you to the fingerprinting site: Livescan Pre-Registration Application
· For a list of electronic fingerprinting locations visit the following website: https://www.dpscs.state.md.us/publicservs/fingerprint.shtml
· After having your fingerprints taken, be sure to get a receipt and ask for a tracking number.
IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE MARYLAND:
- You have the option of using a Maryland Location or any location in your area to have your fingerprints taken.
- You must request a fingerprint card by either:
- Writing to CJIS-Central Repository at P.O Box 32708, Pikesville, Maryland 21282-2708 to request a blank fingerprint card; OR
- Calling the CJIS Central Repository in Baltimore City at 410-764-4501 or toll-free number 1-888- 795-0011 to request a blank fingerprint card.
- If you obtain a blank fingerprint card from CJIS, you must have the Maryland Board of Nursing's Agency Authorization and ORI Numbers available as follows.
- Agency Authorization #: 9300000850
- ORI#: MD920480Z
- Reason: RN/LPN Initial
- Position Applied For: MD Ann. Code Health Occ. §§8-303, 8-304
- Complete the fingerprinting card and take it with you to the fingerprinting site.
- After having your fingerprints taken, be sure to get a receipt. Make a copy of the fingerprint card and attach the copy to your application. Do Not send the original card.
- Mail the fingerprint card and the associated fee to CJIS-Central Repository, P.O Box 32708, Pikesville, Maryland 21282-2708
Please include a check or cashier's check made out to “CJIS Central Repository" for the appropriate fee. For the current fee schedule visit https://www.dpscs.state.md.us/publicservs/fingerprint.shtml